Wednesday, March 21, 2012

quilt retreat

This is our spring break....a week without work and time to spend with my own family.  However, tomorrow I get to go to a quilt retreat for a day.  The ladies in my guild all drive about an hour to another guild members cabin and we sit and quilt all day, enjoying food, fun and laughter. 
Last year I had just joined the guild and started quilting so I didn't go to the retreat, but this year I am super excited and can't wait.  I am still unsure what I will need to take and how much work I will need to bring to keep myself busy. 
I'm really thinking I will just take some of the tutorials for the Oh My Stars Quilt Along.....I am soooooo far behind.  Maybe I can finish the stars I am working on right now (pattern #3) and get pattern #4 and maybe even pattern #5 done.....lol....that's wishful thinking. 
We are also trying to get four retirement quilts done....so who knows what all they have planned.
I am really excited about the trip to the quilt store together that they all take.  We get 20% off everything in the store, including sale items....woo hoo....main thing I am going to look for is backing fabric.  And a hexie template.

Well.....hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday.  It's damp an a little cool here but spring has sprung and I love it!!!!

No comments: