Sunday, November 13, 2011

Getting prepared

In Dec. my quilt guild has their Christmas get together to exchange gifts and announce who their secret sister was for the past year.  They also draw new names for the next year.  Well....since I was a new member half way through the year I wasn't in on the secret sister swap (which I plan to participate with this year) but if I wanted I can bring a gift for a gift swap with someone who didn't want to do secret sisters or for another new member like myself.  (Does that make sense....lol).

Well....I figured I should get on the ball and figure out what I wanted to give as a gift.  We don't have a quilt shop here in our town and even our walmart doesn't carry fabric.  But I am always finding some great deals on various online quilt shops and thought I would just order something from one of them.

I ended up finding a really cute charm pack pattern on sale.  It called for one charm pack, a fat quarter and 5/8 of a yard for the backing.   I bought a cute charm pack on sale that I love and a pretty yard of fabric to go a long with it.  (I actually doubled the order so I could have the stuff also, I liked it so much -all except the yard of fabric...I'll find something else to use.)

I am excited about getting my new buys....I also have another order of stuff coming from an etsy shop owner (I follow her blog and she announced a good deal on sales so I checked it out and bought some cute stuff)....can't wait for the packages to start arriving.

Quilting can be expensive but with the right shops and the right deals, it can be more affordable!!!!!  Love getting all the new pretties to use and love and give away!!!!
Happy quilting and Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cant wait kristi to see what you have made.

a good yarn said...

Wow! What a terrific gift for your swap partner. Any chance you will share the etsy shop? ann :-)

suzitee said...

Gotta love online fabric shopping :) Nothing more exciting than the postie arriving with your goodies, either!