Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Best Friend

My best friend received the 4th quilt I have ever made....(not really counting the table topper I made for my other friend or the Harley wallhanging I made my step-dad).  I decided to go with a friendship star pattern and the fabric (aside from a couple 5" squares of another fabric since I was running low on material) is called Gatherings.

Shawna and I have been best friends since Jr. High....now at 36yrs old (she's 35yrs....better make sure I don't tell the world she is 36 like me...lol) we are still the best of friends.  Despite life's trials and tribulations, tears and heartache, the love and friendship we have for one another still shines through. 

love her to pieces!

Her son (right in front of her) thought he needed to be in the picture also.  lol

Here's a few various other photos of what's been going on the past week or so.  *smile*
Attempting hexies and really loving them.  I purposefully didn't make a "flower" pattern because, even though they always look lovely, they just aren't me and this project, when finished, will be mine.  *smile*

My lilacs are in bloom and I just HAD TO bring a bunch into the house.  I don't know if it's just me or the fact that we got a lot of rain before they bloomed out or what, but the smell this year is so strong and rich.  My entire back yard smells of lilacs and this little bunch in my living room just fills the house with their smell.  love it!!


I bought a 20 strip bundle of Flea Market Fancy and a 40 strip bundle of Aviary 2.  If anyone has any good pattern ideas for jelly strips I would love some ideas.  I do have a yard of one of the Aviary patterns to go with this strip set.  Love them both....such pretty colors!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!!!

No comments: