Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blame the storms!!

I have a couple projects I wanted to show this evening but the cord to connect my phone to my computer is downstairs, safely in the basement since we have packed up our important stuff in case a tornado hits.  We've already been in the basement once this afternoon but so far, we are still in good shape. 
Anyways....I finished the baby quilt I was working on for my step-sisters little one she is having in June.  The shower is in May so I was eager to get it finished.  Really didn't want to be finishing the binding while I was sitting at her shower eating cake.  lol
The other project I started today was a jelly roll race quilt.  Not sure what this quilt is actually called other then that.  Saw it called a 1,600 quilt.  lol   Wasn't racing anyone while doing it....maybe the storms in case it knocked out the power.  lol   I think it turned out super cute.  My husband says it's all over the place.....lol.  He likes my quilts that have a uniform pattern.  He's not too fond of the ones that have lots of fabrics patterns all over the quilt.  Oh well...I love it.  This will be pretty hanging over the back of a chair here in my living room.  Now I just need to decide what kind of backing I want and what I want to quilt on the top!!

Hope everyone has a safe/tornado free evening!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please be safe.xx