Sunday, March 24, 2013

Getting away and new fabric

Last weekend I was able to get away and go spend the weekend with one of my good friends.  We hung out Friday night and talked until 4am and then went to a Trace Adkins concert together then hung out and talked some more until 2am at her house.  Really enjoyed spending time with her.  We hadn't hung out together for several years and it was nice to catch up.

Then this Thur. I had a quilt getaway with some of my quilt ladies.  We had some show and tells.  We tried out a log cabin block ruler which I found very neat and want one now.  And we went to the quilt store where I picked up several batik fat quarters and two yards of fabric to go with my hexie quilt.  So excited to use them.

Then when I got home I had squishy mail waiting for me.  I received my Pink Castle stash club bundle of greens...some super cute stuff this time and lots of pretty bright greens.  I also received from Intrepid Thread some fat quarters and 1/2 yard pieces of these lovelies (picture below).  Thinking a really cute looking retro quilt for myself is in order....can't wait.  Just don't know what pattern I want to use.  Any thoughts???  Right now all that comes to mind is a disappearing nine patch using some solids as the center piece that gets cut smaller.



2 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Ooooo! That's some good squishy mail! :)
xx,

Anonymous said...

wow love these fabrics kristi you will have fun with these.xx