Sunday, September 25, 2011

New (to me) Sewing Machine

Today while I was eagerly awaiting my new (to me) sewing machine, I started working on my step dads quilt which will be my first applique attempt.  It's a small lap quilt or wall hanging and I'm excited to give it a shot.  So here are some snap shots of the beginning process.
It's a quilt called "Sporting to the Rally".  It depicts a motorcycle rider on a sporty harley heading to a motorcycle rally.  I love the materials that are used in the kit.
Here is the cut out pattern pieces before I traced them onto the heat and bond.
The pattern is now on the heat and bond paper, ready to be ironed to the material.
On the orange card you can see a picture of the finished project that was sent along with the kit.  I think it is a pretty quilt.  I am sure my dad will love it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Then, about 7:30 pm this evening my husband showed up with the sewing machine which was given to me by his great aunt.  It's a 600E series Singer.  Here's a picture of it.  I'm a little nervous to try it out.  So much different then my old cheap machine I got 20 years ago at walmart.  But will try to overcome my fears and forge ahead.   *smile*

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Did you get an instruction book with the machine? Once you learn to thread it I'm sure it will be a good workhorse.

Anonymous said...

you will do well Kristi and you will have great fun sewing on this machine,good luck with your lap quilt for your Dad